Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shits & Giggles...literally


The Marathon gas station by my house has a brand new rack of Marinela products. Too many options to choose from. I settled on these Barritas. I figure if it all goes well, I can return and try some of the other options another time. You can get these in various flavors like pineapple or guava. Hmmmm, interesting. I opted for Strawberry..or shall I say Fresa. I must admit, I was sorta giggling with excitement to see what these tasted like. That excitement lasted about one bite. Tastes like a shittier version of Strawberry Newtons. Except that the newton part is much more stale and crumbly and the fresa part is some weird texture that I'm having a hard time describing. Almost gummy wormish, but easier to bite through. Ahhh, I'm not even sure that's it. Oh well, all you need to know is, it aint that good. A $1.29 for four of these little turds? I choked down two and about 10 minutes later paid the price for it; if you know what I mean. I had to make sure, so I ate the other two several hours later. Same results. In fact, I'm sick just thinking about them as I write this. Not sure I'll hit up the Marinela rack again anytime soon.

No comments: