Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bienviendos!


Bienviendos! That's what it says on the archway leading into the taqueria area of Los Amigos. I believe that means Welcome in Spanish. The place is a Mexican market and restaurant, very conveniently located on my route home from work. Los Amigos shares it's corner with a stoplight. I like to play a little game with myself. It's called If it's a red light, I have to stop. Sometimes I slow down on purpose. Tacos are fairly hefty and at just $1.50 a piece, you can't go wrong. This time I chose carnitas and el pastor. Perhaps a little too much cilantro, but delicious none the less.

1 comment:

lollya said...

crazy things and small world.
i was perusing the blogs today (i have a food blog of my own, and somehow ended up at yours through "serranos" - i'm reading, reading...being amused, click to your profile, see you have another one - hot dogs, it's funny, i click on it...reading, oh cool, art stuff...and then see a familiar name...keep looking - sweet, there's pictures from the art crawl or fair or something...sure thing, face matches the name...jack!? jack from bemidji? wtf. small world. pass along a hello will ya? always wondered what happened to that kid.

thanks for the amusing read. you don't have to post this, i just couldn't find a way to email you this.
jen