Friday, February 15, 2008

Venison!

My father and an uncle of mine are hunter's. They both got a deer this past season. (In fact my dad may have gotten two.) My dad lives by himself and my uncles wife can't stand the thought of wild game being in the house. So lucky guy that I am, I ended up with a good chunk of venison this year. Here are various concoctions:


Steak marinated in vinegar and seared in olive oil. Sourdough baugette with melted mozzerella.


Tacos. Corn tortilla, cheese, onion, lime juice. (Notice the lucha libre magazine under the plate. How appropriate..sorta.)


Thinly sliced steak, marinated in salt water and seared in olive oil. Wild rice (riced by my mother) with mushrooms and onion carmalized with brown sugar.



I have to adimit, this is weird. This is just what it looks like. Sliced steak and chicken ramen noodle. Actually tastes really good. Seriously.

No comments: